Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Day 2 - December 15
I called the manufacturer and verified that the warranty was still in effect. I then gave Wendi the job calling the plumber back to figure out what to do about the warranty. She called three times and got the following excuses: "You'll have to talk to the plumbing manager and he's not here.", "He's in a meeting", and upon reaching him, "I don't have the paperwork I'll call you back."
While Wendi was working on this I did a little research of my own. It turns out the the thermocouple is a $12 part. The gas combo valve is about $80. So, quick back of the envelope calculation - 12 dollar part + 30 minutes labor costs $260. How does that sound???
Day 3 - December 16
With no response from the plumbing manager we decided to cancel the check.
Through a friend of my dads we were able to buy a new water heater for under $300 - Thanks Todd!
With my dads help we install the new water heater in about an hour. - Thanks Dad!
Day 14 - December 27
We receive a new invoice from the plumber with a returned check fee added. No mention of the warranty. The manager still hasn't returned our calls.
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Hutch's 2nd Birthday
7 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment