Tuesday, February 21, 2012

I fought the plumber... Days 58 - 63

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5


Day 58 - February 9

Today I decided to go to war and I launched wave one.  I posted a message on their facebook wall.  The company has since locked down their facebook wall (I'm sure because of me) so only people who like them can see posts.  I'm not going to like them so I can't post the text of the message, but it was pretty lightweight.  I basically just said that I was a former customer and felt like I was being ignored and asked someone to contact me.

I posted two reviews on google local, I would post the text here but it's no different than what I've said above.

I sent a complaint to the BBB, again I could post the text but it would be redundant.

Day 59 - February 10


Today I received the one and only phone call from the company.   I was busy at work and let it go to voice mail.  The plumbing manager left a brief message and asked me to call him.

Day 63 - February 14


Today I received a response through the BBB.  I have italicized the lines that are not true.


We sent a technician to the Johansen residence on 12/14/2011. Upon arrival he evaluated their water heater and wrote up possible options for repair. On the least expensive option he added a contingency that it would be applied to the next step if it did not fix the problem. It did not. They declined the next step. They were charged an after hours dispatch fee and for the repair that they signed for before the technician started. The price and procedure were agreed upon before work commenced. We do not charge by the hour. We are a flat rate company. We don't do any repair without an authorization by signature first. We do not represent water heater companies nor have we made a warranty claim on their water heaters. They put a stop payment on their check. I have talked with Mr. Johansen. I verified that the technician gave him the price upfront. I stated to him that we feel that we upheld our end, that the fair price is what was agreed upon and what he signed for beforehand, and we expect to be paid. He then threatened to put negative reviews about our company which he has done. Since then we have made many attempts to contact them for collection and have left numerous voice mails and have received no response. He was perfectly aware of what the charges would be and signed for them, he paid by check, and then put stop payment on that check. So we have sent him to collections.

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5

0 comments: