Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Mothers Know Best

Yesterday was my grandma's funeral. It was snowing and before we left home in the morning my mom called to tell me that I should brings some warm clothes for Melynn to wear under her dress when we go to the cemetery and that I should wear some good shoes. I decided that I would wear tennis shoes, but I couldn't find them and thought I would be fine in my flat ballet type shoe.

We were at the cemetery walking back to the car and I'm making fun of my sisters shoe choice (heels) when it's snowy, cold, and wet. When I slip and fall right on my butt. My left leg went out in front of me and my right leg twisted at the knee and my foot was facing behind me. I felt my shin pop. Of course everyone panicked and and scrambled to get me to my feet my leg from the knee down hurt so bad I almost or did cry.

We went home where I changed clothes (I was all wet from the snow) AND my shoes of course I didn't want to hear it for the rest of the day. And we went back to the church for the luncheon. Where my mom told me "I believe I called and told you to wear good shoes". What can I say Mothers know best.

I guess I kind of deserved it didn't I. And also It's only a sprain and It didn't cause me to go into labor (dang it).