I'm realizing that my wife really missed out on 80's movies. Oh sure she's seen Breakfast Club and 16 Candles, but she missed a lot of good ones. The problem is I tell her that she needs to see these movies and she just doesn't trust my judgment. So I need some backup. If you feel that she is missing a vital part of eighties culture with these movies leave a comment so maybe she'll actually watch some of them.
Goonies
Neverending Story
Willow
Labyrinth
Batteries not Included
Short Circuit
Flight of the Navigator
The Last Starfighter
Stand by Me
Rocky I - IV
...and probably more
If you have a favorite 80's movie, post it in the comments and if Wendi hasn't seen it I'll add it to this list.
Hutch's 2nd Birthday
7 years ago
6 comments:
It turns out she thinks she's seen Neverending Story but she doesn't really remember it.
Pete-
I'm here to back you up man, but I don't know how credible your wife will find me. I love all of these movies, but let me comment on a few.
1. Goonies- My favorite movie off your list. Spielberg classic
2. Neverending Story- Falcor!!!
3. Willow- A consolidated rip off of Lord of the Rings, but still an amazing classic
4. Labyrinth- Who doesn't want to see David Bowie in tight, stirrup pants?
5. Short Circuit- I actually cried in Short Circuit 2. How could Johnny 5 survive when he was losing all of that battery acid?
I'm sorry...it is just WRONG that she hasn't seen Goonies, Willow, Flight of the Navigator, or Labyrinth!! Definitely must-sees. Another of my favorites is Real Genius with Val Kilmer...absolutely hilarious!
OK, Wendi, here's what you will want to see: Goonies and Never Ending Story for sure. Can't remember Stand By Me, Batteries Not Included and Short Circuit very well, but I think they were good. You can skip Labyrinth--too weird for me. And you really ought to at least see the first Rocky movie--his dedication to working out is pretty inspirational. Makes you wanna go run up some stairs! Didn't see or don't remember the rest.
I think Wendi may have seen Short Circut because I think I remember it. As far a Willow, I never let my kids watch movies that have to do with witches or the cult. She probably never saw Gremlins. That one always sounded awful to me. It is probably late 70's.
Wendi, Wendi, Wendi how did we grow up in the same house and you not to have seen all of these movies. There are some pretty great and funny ones on this list. I guess the 7 years make a big difference. Get to watching! But watch the ratings, I know Stand by Me is R. Love ya
Post a Comment